Sunday, October 10, 2010

International blogger!

by Carl Mattias

Hi everyone!

I'm the new international blogger here at Life@Luther!
For those who don't know me (which would be most of you, since I arrived in the US only about 2 months ago) my name is Carl Mattias Gustav Olofsson (I go by "Mattias") I am an exchange student from Johannelund theological Seminary in Uppsala, Sweden. This is my 4th year studying at a seminary, and after this year I hope to return to Sweden, finish my studies and become ordained as a pastor for Swedish Evangelical Mission (EFS).

When I'm not blogging or studying my interests and hobbies are reading, computers and doing the dishes (you read the last words right, although I am a little disappointed that there aren't as much dishes as there should be here at Bockman hall were I'm staying!).

To be an international student here at Luther Seminary in the US is interesting to say the least!
My goal with my posts here at the Life@Luther is to reflect how it is to be someone from the outside coming to Luther Seminary and the US, and will deal with issues such as culture shock, the different way of learning and thinking as opposed to how we do things back in Sweden.
I have been maintaining a blog in Swedish for some time now and will try to make some of it available at this blog to give you a sense of my initial experience here at Luther.

If you have any questions or comments to this foreign student feel free to post them by clicking to "comments" button below.
Stay tuned for more posts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Hess said...

How fun to see you join this line up! It would also be great to see your blog back home, maybe just give us a link?

10/11/2010 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Carl Mattias said...

Glad to be onboard!

Here is a link to my swedish blog:
http://lordofthegryts.blogspot.com/

10/12/2010 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home