Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Completely Official...Sort Of

by Scott Dalen

I've been working at the church for a few weeks now, but Sunday morning the congregation had a commissioning service for me. It was a short portion of the worship service, but it was still very meaningful for me.

The reason that my pastor and I decided that this would be a good idea is to make the change in my duties at church more visible for the congregation. Most of them are used to my role as a contextual student, but the change to being a staff member does constitute something new for me. We both agreed that having a commissioning service would be a good way to highlight this milestone. We discussed it today, and I reported that it felt like a mini-ordination. I'm certainly not finished with school yet...and I'm not ordained yet...but this is one step closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home