Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 1

by Scott Dalen

Where has this week gone?
Seriously, sometimes I'm amazed at how quickly time passes. I'm sitting here at the end of Week 1 of the semester. I'm on the verge of being done for the week at this point. Literally, the only things that I still need to do is a short reflective email to my Prophets professor. However, I'm waiting on one more responsive posting from a group member before I can do that. His response is due by midnight tonight, and the email is due by tomorrow. I was hoping to have it all wrapped up today, but alas...it was not meant to be.

If you had asked me at the beginning of the week how I felt about week 1, I would have come across as negative. I can admit that. It seemed like the reading assignment for the week was way bigger than most "first weeks" tend to be and it felt like there was a lot of information to sort through. In retrospect, it really wasn't that extreme, but the first week of the semester, especially fall semester (after a couple months off) feels daunting.

Here's the deal though. Week 1 is actually somewhat low key. Week 2 ramps it up and tends to be a little bit tougher. Weeks 3 and 4 get a little more manageable because we are able to start forming a routine. But all that being said...long story short...here we are at the end of the first week already.

I heard several different DL students this week...and by "heard" I mean I saw their postings on facebook...say Seminary day 1 year (insert proper year here). I can't believe this is my 3rd year already. I don't know where the last two years have gone...they flew by just as fast as this week. Crazy stuff.

Maybe graduation isn't that far off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home