Thursday, May 28, 2009

That’s a gross little surprise

by Daniel

In the words of my mother: “Ish!” I don’t know how mom did it. She managed to raise five boys. What a poor lady, right? Throughout my childhood mom would say “ish” when confronted with/by something inappropriate or gross. It’s how she made audible her “ick” factor. Well, here’s something to consider. The grounds at Luther Seminary are quite charming in the spring and summer. The gardens add sophistication and color to the antiquated, but comely buildings. The trees let down their feathery white blossoms like a Christmas snow. But today the trees let down not blossoms, but something else: inchworms. Yes, worms! Brown, green, orange, yellow – you name it...there they were. It’s quite the “ishy” side of creation. Is it not? I forged through a veritable gauntlet of inchworms—gently drooping down on their gossamer threads, writhing in the wind. Are you curious as to where I saw all these little beasts? I could be a jerk and let you find out for yourself. That’s not nice though, is it? Well, they were all around the OCC. Gross! Try to avoid the little patio area behind it (with all the trees). I’m getting phantom “crawly” feelings as I write this. Well, enough of that. I better get back to my studies for the evening. Watch out for the worms! Take care out there.

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home