Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where’s Frued when you need him?

by Daniel

Consider your subconscious. Meditate on your innermost being. Tell me your dreams and I’ll tell you mine. Well, this week has been interesting – and I’ve been having some pretty wacky dreams. Even though my parents have been retired teachers for about four years or so they still have reoccurring dreams about classes from when they were in school (and they were both teachers for thirty five years). That’s a long time ago. Well, have you ever had a dream about school? Commencement has commenced – and lately I’ve been having some pretty ridiculous dreams about school. Can anyone relate?


Here’s one: I somehow forgot to go to class until the last week of school and desperately attempted to cram one semester into a night of studying for the final. Like anyone has ever done that before, right?


And here’s another one: I went to the registrar’s office and found out that I was missing a seminary math class and wouldn’t be able to graduate unless I petitioned to take the final. What kind of math class could seminary offer? Gemmatria?


They don’t make any sense! I think that it’s a result of the great amount of change that has happened over the last week.


Throughout my experience at graduate school I have heard tales of academia taking its toll upon certain individuals: physically, intellectually, and spiritually. It does affect our personal lives too: our families, friends, and relationships with one another. I urge each and every one of you to find a balance. Take some time this summer to relax, but don’t neglect your studies.


Speaking of which – I’m trying to teach myself French this summer. I should really get back to my vocabulary. Have a good evening.


-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home