Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Order. Ordinary. Ordination.

by Nina

Order.
Ordinary.
Ordination.


I was recently part of the congregation at the ordination of Noah William Johnson. This was my 3rd ordination service and a
special one. Noah was ordained in his home church. His pastor of many years preached during the worship service, sharing stories of Noah as a small boy in the congregation. Friends and family, former youth group kids, congregation members, seminarians and professors, and area pastors all gathered to celebrate something out of the ordinary.

The celebration of one's ritual entrance into pastoral leadership is certainly not ordinary. The joy and pride by those present was awesome. A great cloud of witnesses showed up to continue being a part of Noah's life and God's work. It was a wonderful thing. If you get the chance to be part of an ordination, I highly recommend it.

I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:18-19

1 Comments:

Blogger hannahgjohnson said...

I love your stories about winter and I love this. Wasn't Noah's ordination a fun day?

I hope you are doing well, Ms. Joy. Miss you!

HGJ

11/12/2008 03:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home