Monday, November 10, 2008

Brrrrrr.... Winter is Coming!

by Daniel

Brrrr. The first real snow of the year fell this weekend. How was it real? It stuck. That’s how! I always get kind of get this nervous-excited feeling in my stomach when the first real snow falls. I have ever since I was a little kid. I had to dig my old long-coat out of my closet. I can’t find gloves or hats or anything that I had last year. I’m pretty sure that I end up buying a new pair each year—and when I finally FIND the old ones from the previous year sometime in the middle of June or July... I end up giving them away to Goodwill. At leas they go to a good cause. It’s been interesting going outside this weekend to take my puppy for walks and potty breaks. I didn’t really take the Minnesota winter into consideration when I got him. Oh well! It will toughen me up. Speaking of said puppy – we have obedience training tonight at the local Pet’s Mart. They do a good job and its pretty fun to see some other dogs. It’s a refreshing break from homework. Speaking of "refreshing breaks"...I do need to work again. Since my thesis is handed in and I am eagerly awaiting a response from my readers – I figure I can get back to work on campus again. I will be heading back and talking to Dennis, my grounds crew boss (a truly awesome fellow!) to see if he needs help with the impending snow removal and such. Who knows how the winter will be this year? Anyhow, I hope everyone is having a good week. Best of luck to everyone with school, work, and Church. =]

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home