Monday, October 27, 2008

It is (cold).

by Nina

Dear Internet Reader,

It is cold here. I have cold hands. I have to wear socks all of the time. I have to wear slippers or shoes. I make hot tea so I can hold onto the mug. Pretty soon I'm going to have to get out my snow pants. I am going to have to get out my big, ugly, outdoorsy snow boots which are warm warm warm. I am going to have to deal with getting made fun of for wearing snow pants and snow boots everywhere I go. I will still have cold hands most of the time.

If I wasn't so cheap I'd turn the heat up. If I was smarter I would've purchased this coat I tried on in Bemidji while visiting friends on internship. [Don't I look like on older version of Lucy Pevensie ready to enter Narnia?] If I wasn't so whiny I'd wait a few weeks to start complaining about the cold.

Sincerely yours,
Blog Writer

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture friend! Totally miss you and pray that you are staying warm in the midst of the cold! :) Blessings on your day! :) E

10/28/2008 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally hear you on the cold. Today I wore a long sleeve clerical shirt and rubbed my hands together once as I walked to the car. These 58 degree mornings are killing me. I take hope, however, that by mid morning the 75 degree temperature will just get me by until I can return to my air-conditioned apartment. It's great to feel unity in suffering through cold weather.

10/28/2008 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Brian, you'll get yours...about this time next year.

Nina, you can come over to our very warm house anytime. The radiators can't produce anything cool.

Today I actually wore my Norwegian sweater, which kept me nice and toasty.

10/28/2008 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Nina,

I hate to say this, but I WISH it were a little COOLER here. I am not trying to complain, but it has been in the mid 80's here. BUT, for me, I wish it were fall weather-like in the 60's. I'm a Midwest girl, not a CA girl! I know people think I am crazy, but I would love to have some cooler weather! I will try to wish the warm weather your way!
Lots of love, Cousin Steph

10/28/2008 05:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home