Monday, November 03, 2008

The World Spins Madly On....

by Nina

I got a reality check this week.
Life caught up with me.
Life is hard to balance.

In the midst of class, CPE, my other (youth ministry) internship, trying to make and sustain relationships, dealing with family crises, the political situation, and feeling alone in the world...it all just seemed to crumble. (I honestly have no idea how anyone with children makes it through seminary).

I got sent home from CPE today.
It wasn't because I was naughty.
I did not get suspended.

I was stressed and emotional. My supervisor was worried about me and thought it wouldn't be wise, helpful, or healthy to be around kids (who have enough stress and emotion of their own - they don't need to deal with mine). Today, I am reminded that whether I'm ready for it or not...Mondays happen. The world just keeps on spinning, without my permission or endorsement. But, I am reminded - Jesus Happens too. (Thanks, Tim)




P.S. I heart the Weepies

3 Comments:

Blogger colin said...

I heart the weepies too.

11/04/2008 08:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your reflections on a "monday." we have "monday" moments at our house too (with two of us in full-time ministry in different settings). Sometimes mondays actually happen on mondays, and sometimes they catch us off guard and some on, let's say, a Thursday. Regardless of when they come, they come. I wish that were not the case, for me or for others in ministry. While "mondays" are painful at times, I give your supervisor credit for actually sending you home. Sometimes in ministry we just keep going because we are support to...when perhaps the best move would be to go home and attend to ourselves or just be. As a leader, and teacher, in the church, I'd love to say, Nina, here's what you do to "fix" that or deal with that or whatever. But you and I both know that won't do. But, as the weepies illustrated, being with some another (in person or in prayer or on the phone or sharing a meal or whatever) might be all we can do, and perhaps enough.
so, prayers to you nina on this day. and thanks for being honest about your journey!

11/04/2008 05:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we make it through cause of friends like you. we love ya nina.

11/04/2008 07:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home