Friday, October 24, 2008

Why I Didn't Line Up To Cross the 35-W Bridge at 5 AM

by Nina

I understand the work put in to complete the 35-W bridge reconstruction was impressive. I mean they replaced the 1964 model with the new, ultra-technologically-brilliant model built in 11 short months. Apparently, this bridge is Transporation's gold star. Still, I did not line up to cross that thing at 5 AM on the appointed day.

Here is a list of reasons why I didn't line up to cross the 35-W bridge at 5 AM (as per request of a loyal reader of this blog).
  • I don't like mornings.
  • I don't like traffic
  • I'm really not that excited by bridges.
  • I was excited to have a quicker drive on I-94 that day.
  • Do you know what the world is like at 5 AM? It is not pretty.
  • I'm in CPE and I was tired.
  • I think sleeping is important.
  • I thought I'd check it out later, when it wasn't so trendy.
  • I don't like to cross the Mighty Mississippi.
  • I felt like I experienced the event through the auditory pleasures of NPR.
  • I don't like mornings.
Thanks for your requests for blog topics...please keep it up, people!

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

You could have walked across. Isn't there some sort of pedestrian lane? If there isn't you should have walked across anyway in protest. Or ridden your bike.

10/26/2008 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

You're right...I should've looked for the pedestrian lane. Also, I do like protesting. Perhaps I'll go back with a big sign.

10/27/2008 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Nina,

I am so glad that my mom told me about your blog. I can get my Nina-fix via the blog. You crack me up!!! You make me laugh just reading this!
I was thinking about you the other day and wonder when you are going to come and visit our new house??? We would love to see you:)

Steph

10/28/2008 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home