Thursday, September 17, 2009

SHIFT! (not the button on your keyboard)

by Tim K. Snyder

Some of you who have been following my posts know this already. Oh well.

This past year while blogging I was writing from the perspective of through the eyes of a Distributed Learning student. I lived in Austin, Texas and I was part of the 2008 DL M.Div. cohort. It was good for my sense of vocation and good for that time and that place. But then things changed. After some difficult discernment I made a SHIFT from Distributed Learning to Residential study. So, now I live here on campus...down the hill with to few single people, lots of married folk and international students (who are my favorite part of living on campus).

The transition has been difficult. I'm still not quite sure how to talk about the experiences of ministry, life and community I've had over the past three years. Maybe soon I'll be able to make some meaning of it all. Everything is new for me. I'm finding new meaning in that Easter promise that God will make all things new.

I have more classes now, but also I have less balancing to do between three vocations. My hope is for holistic simplicity. Look for updates from me now covering a range of "all things Luther Seminary." I'll try to include more different kind of posting than in the past. If you like something, leave a comment so I know what's working and what's not. Until then here are some pics from the past couple of weeks.

ME! | First Week Orientation| Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis

Friends of Emergent Village | Emergent Theological Conversation | Chicago, IL

Cool Kid | "Blessing of the Youngsters" | House of Mercy, St. Paul


3 Comments:

Blogger Scott Dalen said...

So does that make me the token DL perspective now?

Actually, I'm pumped to read up on how the change develops for you buddy

9/17/2009 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan Bantz said...

Tim,

You've taken an amazing leap of faith and God will continue to lead you as you learn and grow and become new. Prayers for you always!

Susan

9/18/2009 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Tim K. Snyder said...

Scott -- yup!
Both of you -- thanks for the prayers dear friends!

9/20/2009 02:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home