Monday, September 14, 2009

humid september

by Amber

My goodness...it's time for a new car. Every time I hop in my car to begin the 3 hour journey home to Worthington, MN, I swear the temperature hikes 30 degrees. No air-conditioning. I went home this weekend to shoot pictures at a wedding. I ended up seeing three brides in two days. One jumped in Lake Okabena in her wedding dress. What fun.
On my way back to the cities, at 85 degrees, I rolled my window down, and out of sheer boredom, (don't tell anyone this), busted out my camera and began shooting random things I saw on the drive. I was inspired to do so when I could see a hot air balloon in the distance. I ended up getting a close up shot of it, with the sun setting, a truck kicking up fresh dust on a side gravel road, and all at 78 mph. I was pretty pumped. You know you've always loved the sight of your cars shadow in the brush. Me too. Except my bug looks like a space ship. An executive decision was made not to get pictures of road-kill, though there were LOTS of those to take pictures of. Too many skunks, squirrels, deer, I even saw a dead bull dog. Sad.
The sights of a Minnesota September are grand. The slow turn of leaves. Yes, fall has begun. The fresh smell of the air in the morning before the humidity jumps up. The sight of red flashing school bus lights on the top of Hendon Avenue. More celebration of fall to come. I can't get enough of it!
When Kevin and I began our long (non-air conditioned) journey back from CA (through the desert in June), I stuck this dove window cling in my window. It looks like the dove has pooped all over my window, but the cross shadow is untainted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your engagement! And your last first day of school.

9/16/2009 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Karishma said...

loved the hot air balloon picture. you will stop at nothing to get a great picture! i love your passion for capturing greatness! your creativity never ceases to amaze you! you're pretty much awesome! :P

9/17/2009 08:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home