Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip to the Divine Zoo

by Daniel

I have never been a “birthday guy” because I do not like drawing excessive attention to myself. June 14th (also known as “Flag Day”) was my birthday. So – what did this seminarian do for his big day? Here’s a glimpse:

I woke up late.
I treated myself to a turtle muffin from the Finnish Bistro near campus (awesome).
Sonia and I went to the Como Zoo.

We had a really nice dinner at Axel's Char House in Roseville.

The zoo was thoroughly enjoyable, but was quite packed with kids. This wasn’t surprising; it’s a zoo after all. I must say that “stroller moms” are pretty terrible when it comes to sharing the zoo! I couldn’t help but feel like Job who cursed the very day of his birth.


I certainly hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend. I appreciate your birthday wishes--and I wish you a good night.

-Dan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home