Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"Lost"

by Daniel

The more “Lost” I watch the more lost I subsequently become. It is quite enthralling. It is quite curious. I must admit that “Lost” has become my guilty pleasure. The drama is curious because it gives you a sense of accomplishing something when you watch it: simply figuring out what in the world is going on is an accomplishment. I must admit also that I rarely see the episodes in succession, but it makes little or no difference because I over think every episode to the point of anachronism.

So, what has this seminarian accomplished tonight? Well, I haven’t done what I set out to tonight. I think I needed a night like tonight: one where I didn’t end up crossing everything off of my “to do” list. It is rare that I take time to just relax (or “chill” out) without feeling guilty. Well, I do feel guilty.

For the last week I have been compiling a spreadsheet of graduate schools according to location, research interests, and faculty research interests that intersect with mine. This week I have been making myself known to certain faculty around the country in order to make myself the best candidate that I can be for graduate school. Yes – the “to do” list for today is quite unscathed, but I know that I will sleep well tonight. So, what else is on tap for this week? Sonia and I will be hosting some dear friends for dinner on Wednesday – so I have “cleaning duty” tomorrow. You will have to trust me; this place really needs it. Well, I best head to bed. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I wish you a blessed evening.


-Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home