Friday, June 12, 2009

Little Boxes

by Daniel

Sonia and I will be moving in two weeks. The suspense is painful. We really wish that we could move this weekend (especially since many people are still around this summer for Greek, etc). Our new apartment is in our present apartment complex, but it will still be quite the chore to move all of our “stuff” downstairs. It seems that as our relationship has changed – our “stuff” has changed. Currently, we are on the third level of our apartment building. The place where we will be moving is on the first level. It’s quite a bit smaller that our present apartment, but will help us save money (especially with the current state of the economy). Cooper seems to really like the new apartment too. He enjoys lying on the balcony. I guess that’s a plus, right?


Because of our anticipation – we have started to disassemble our IKEA brand stuff; living a life of faux simplicity. So, our apartment is presently fraught with little boxes. Speaking of boxes: does anyone have any spares? Well, I am empathetic towards those of you who have had to move in the last few weeks. I would like to stay put at some point in my life. I am certain that internships, placements, and other seminary related “stuff” has required you to move. As students we tend to move often, if not year to year – then at least once every graduation or so. I have been moving yearly for seven years or so now. It doesn’t get any easier (it’s actually harder because you get nicer and usually bigger stuff)! I suppose that as a seminarian I should be living the simple life anyways. Well, if you’re bored and are looking for something to do we could put you to work when we move. I am certain we could scrounge up something for you to do. I wish you a wonderful afternoon.


-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home