Tuesday, June 09, 2009

From North Dakota

by Nina

Our Camp Visitation Crew is at Metigoshe Ministries this week near Bottineau, North Dakota – a mere 5 miles from the Canadian border. It has been a long day of camp – pouring rain and temperatures in the low 50’s. I have settled in for the night with my woodstove fire going to (hopefully) keep this place warm for the night. If this cabin had a bathtub and insulation – I think I could just stay here indefinitely. It is such a change to go from Minneapolis/St. Paul (where I got stuck in traffic for 90 minutes three days ago) – to this peaceful log cabin in the woods.

One of the great things about this job is meeting all of these amazing young people pouring their hearts into something that is really important to them – outdoor ministry. The energy in this place is phenomenal – the staff sing for no reason, cheer for no reason, and laugh easy. They take their jobs seriously – but take having fun seriously too. It is a wonderful mix for ministry.

We’ve also had some great conversations about LYO and the book of Job and Marcus Borg and working at camp as an older young adult. Today Trey and I led a staff Bible study with 40 people. Several counselors told me it was AWESOME. How often do you get that kind of response to a Bible study? Yay for the wonderful ministry of camp!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Is that the cabin that I stayed in last year? That stove looks familiar. I didn't get to use it though, lucky you.
I hope you get to pick up some Canadian/Swiss chocolate.

untru

6/11/2009 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home