Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Swing of Things

by Daniel

It’s quite the day—isn’t it? It’s gray, cold, and rainy. Sonia and I adopted Cooper in October. The weather today is not unlike that winsome morning. Cooper was a perfectly proportioned pup when we got him, but it’s more than apparent that he’s packed on some post-puppy pounds (now that’s alliteration). Sonia and I have switched Cooper’s food to a special diet dog food. He’s also going on daily walks around Como Lake (talk about “taking care” of Creation). I think that I could use some walks myself.


So – how did this seminarian spend his Tuesday? I have been writing proposals (again) for independent studies. I will likely be taking five or six half-credit (2.5-3 full credits) independent studies in the fall. Each proposal that I write includes an abstract, bibliography, and course of action for the semester. It’s going to be a busy, busy semester. With this stuff out of the way, however, I will be able to spend more time researching and writing – rather than “brainstorming” about content to explore. I will likely complete my proposals this week. I’ll be happy when it’s all done. I hope you stay warm and dry. I wish you a wonderful evening.


-Dan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home