Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Seminary Studies

by Daniel

What’s that? The title doesn’t lie: this is a summer of seminary study. Yes, that’s quite a bit of alliteration. School is out, but for me – it’s in full session. I can’t stand having downtime. So, what have I been doing this summer so far? I’ve been trying to make myself the most attractive candidate for graduate school (namely doctoral programs) that I can. Here’s what I’ve got going on:


1. Teaching myself French

2. Reviewing Akkadian, German, Greek, and Hebrew

3. Studying for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)

4. Taking a “guided reading” class

5. Working as a student researcher

6. TAing for an online class

7. Preparing for fall semester independent studies

8. Researching and building networks with further graduate schooling


Sounds busy, right? Well, it is. Sadly, I keep feeling like I need to do more. The more that I learn about doctoral programs, the more sober I become. There’s much that needs to be done. We seminary students cast a wide net when we apply to doctoral programs, but are likely only to catch a few keepers. I’ll continue to keep myself occupied and certainly hope that you do the same. Have a good weekend. Keep busy.


-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home