Friday, May 29, 2009

Scence from the Bible, as reported in the New York Times

by Jeni

I've been following Nick Kristof of the New York Times for several years now. His unending reports of life and death in the two thirds world and challenges posed to the "first" world have been formative for my theological education as I've been called to meet the pathos of daily life with the life of faith. How does my faith, confession, world view, ideology, etc. meet the world and meet my neighbor?

Well, that might take a while. For now, I'd like to share this blog piece from Paul Bowers, a student from the University of South Carolina, who won the "win-a-trip with Nick Kristof" contest. In his last post, titled "Scenes from the Bible" Paul shares:
Christianity brings something invaluable with it: hope. Many of the heroes of the faith, from Moses to Martin Luther King Jr., are the people who saw their neighbors in tough circumstances and helped them find a way out. Christianity is not just about finding a better world after death; it means we can start building a better world today.
Read more, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home