Thursday, April 16, 2009

Procrastination Is Key

by Nina

Well, I must admit - my attitude has taken a substantial hit this week. Thesis writing is not the most fun I've ever had.

Okay, let's be honest: I enjoy reading and thinking theologically. I enjoy processing the big picture about practical theology in ministry with young people. I even enjoy writing, in fact I really like writing. But this thesis writing in the midst of everything else is not my cup of tea. So, like many students, I have developed several very successful and highly recommended ways to procrastinate. May they inspire you in your own procrastination.
  • Facebook...there are virtually limitless opportunities
  • Checking email(s)
  • Lurking around campus talking with people (I recommend the cafeteria and the campus center in general)
  • Napping in the sun
  • Going for walks around the neighborhood
  • Attending a concert of my favorite band (who, coincidentally helped inspire my thesis subject)
  • Pretending I'm not a student, but actually a poet on vacation
  • Writing blogs

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

I go with number four....just being like a cat sleeping in the sun. You will get it all done Nina....you always do and you do it well.

4/16/2009 09:11:00 PM  
Anonymous JenniL said...

See, yesterday you thought you were sloughing off in the Caf but I actually taught you something so that counts as learning! Mwa ha ha ha!

4/16/2009 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Maybe while you are procrastinating you could write a thesis on why we all procrastinate so much. What is it about putting things off that pulls us in? We know what will happen but we do it anyway. Why?
Just something to think about in your spare time.

inable

4/17/2009 11:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Catie said...

let's not forget going to Hell's kitchen to hear lounge singers dedicate songs to you personally. I know where you were Sat. Night. . .

4/20/2009 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Brian JM said...

what band? the gaither singers?

4/20/2009 09:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home