Friday, September 19, 2008

Whoa.

by Nina

There is ancient wisdom passed through the hallways and little sidewalks and cafeteria at Luther Seminary. It says "Don't do CPE during the semester."

Now I'm not sure why this is, and those who share such advice rarely explain why. I love CPE. I really do. My site is absolutely amazing. My supervisors all are wonderfully supportive and understanding - and really want to help me grow and learn. The staff I work with are the most loving and patient people I have ever met.

But I still feel like the word, which most articulately describes this semester is WHOA. (Just one though, Rollie). Perhaps when I was told "Don't do CPE during the semester," I should have heard: "Don't do CPE, an internship, class and think it's going to be easy."

Well, I know it's not going to be easy. ...but I also know I will make it. I know others have gone before me who have managed more and have not enjoyed their CPE - so I will be just fine. In fact, I know this will be great. Right now I just have to give myself permission to repeatedly mutter that word....Whoa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog subject request: driving adventures on your way home from cpe.

Blog subject request part 2: ways to absorb new, unbelievable situations you witness.

Blog subject request part 3: why I didn't line up to cross the I-35 bridge at 5am.

9/21/2008 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home