Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cooper

by Daniel

I love dogs. My family always has had outdoor dogs. For the last few weekends I’ve been browsing the St.Paul Humane Societies website checking out some of the very cute doggies. Well, almost all of them were cute. I’m not too much into the “froo-froo” ankle-biters and “old-ladyish” dogs. The society does a wonderful volunteer program where you can walk dogs if you are hard-up for puppy-time. Check them out of you get a chance! It’s not too far from campus.

Well, I live off campus so I’ve contemplating getting a dog for some time now. It gets a little lonely without someone else around sometimes. It is a big commitment too. It’s like taking care of a very furry child. I knew I was ready to adopt. It just took a little push. Something about seeing them in the shelter is so touching – and heart melting that it’s almost dangerous to step inside! You wish you could take them all home but you know deep down inside that it would never work. I recommend visiting them unless you don’t have willpower. :)

Well, I melted. Cooper is my new, beautiful, fully grown (37 lbs) golden retriever and beagle mix. He is two years old. There is something about having an animal companion by my side that I’ve been missing over the last few years. Yes, when I lived in the campus apartments I had a dog with my roommate – but after they moved away something was missing. I might try to take Cooper up to campus with me when I run errands. So – here’s my new doggy, Cooper! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

He's adorable, Congrats!

9/19/2008 06:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home