Saturday, September 13, 2008

Daily Chapel Round-Up

by Jeni



With the start of the academic year brought the return of chapel, part and parcel of my daily bread. This week saw key Luther faces leading and preaching including Academic Dean Rollie Martinson, President Bliese, Dean Lull and John Mann.

We heard a diversity of texts, including Isaiah 55, Matthew 18 and Genesis 50 which holds one of my favorite scripture passages: "Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good" (Gen 50:20). We hear words that echoed forgiveness, community and invitation. What a wealth of treasure!

In my year of internship I realized how much I relied on daily chapel to keep me balanced, pointed to Christ and calm in spirit. I was so thankful for the online component to chapel and made great use of them. (Nerd alert: I put sermons on my iPod and sometimes even listen to them on repeat, especially the great ones!)

If you missed any of the sermons, it's well worth your time to check them out online, either through Luther's chapel page or via iTunes.

And just a plug for our servant sacristans, Heidi & Tracy, please consider signing up to serve for communion (as a community, we need 15 on Wednesdays) or as an assisting minister. It's a great way to meet professors, practice what you're learning and experience leading a large group. To sign up, email Heidi & Tracy: sacrist@luthersem.edu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home