Saturday, September 13, 2008

What's on the iPod this week?

by Jeni

A lot of people ask what I'm listening to as I'm often seen walking around campus with iPod in tow. Colin, Jesse & I went to Nebraska last weekend and since then I haven't been able to stop listening to Bright Eyes and Conor Oberst (one of the same but both from Nebraska). He's a kind of Joni Mitchell though his voice is a different kind of beautiful.

Without further ado, what I've been listeneing to:
If you're interest is piqued, here's a glimpse at my playlist:
    1. Bowl of Oranges: LIFTED or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
    2. Take it Easy (Love Nothing): Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
    3. If the Brakeman Turns My Way: Cassadaga
    4. First Day of my Life: I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
    5. Classic Cars: Cassadaga
    6. Landlocked Blues: I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
    7. At the Bottom of Everything: I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
Check out especially "Bowl of Oranges" from the album LIFTED or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your ear to the Ground:



I have this hypothesis that one way that people connect and express themselves is through music. In fact, I based my internship project on this idea (concentrating on high school youth in teh congregation).

I hope you'll join into the musical conversation here on this blog because there are actually people who listen to what you're listening to at Luther Seminary.

What are you listening to?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blind Pilot

9/13/2008 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the prominence of music mentioned in your blog posts, Jeni - keep it up!

I've especially been listening to Clem Snide (The Ghost of Fashion) plus their beautiful ep with a cover of The Velvet Underground's "I'll Be Your Mirror." Cloud Cult gets favored play as well.

9/14/2008 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger christian scharen said...

Thanks for the Clem Snide suggestion--I like their sound. Thanks also for raising the theme of music, one dear to my heart (mind and soul). If you know anyone who wants to work as a research assistant on a book project on faith and popular music tell them to get in touch with me.
Peace,
Chris Scharen

9/21/2008 05:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home