Saturday, September 13, 2008

1 Week Down

by Nina

I did something weird.

For people who know me this is no surprise. Everyone else asks a lot of questions. I am doing CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) this semester. CPE is required (and groaned about) by mDiv students here at Luther. As an MA student, CPE is not necessary. But I am weird and am doing CPE anyways.

Most CPE units are done in large urban hospitals or nursing home facilities. I found out about speciality social ministry CPE sites through the Luther Seminary website last winter and was curious. Now, nine months later I've survived the first week of a chaplaincy internship through Catholic Charities. As part of my experience this week, I toured all the different facilities my group members are serving in. I cannot help but be impressed and humbled by the amazing ministries Catholic Charities is doing here in the Twin Cities. If you don't know much about Catholic Charities, you can learn more at their website http://www.ccspm.org. And, if you're interested in doing something like this yourself - contact CPE Supervisor Sue Allers Hatlie at sallershatlie@gmcc.org.

I have 285 hours of clinical requirements left this semester. For better or worse, you are bound to hear about this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home