Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome to Fall

by Daniel

Fall in Minnesota is a peculiar thing. One day it’s sunny, majestic, and beautiful – the kind of weather that is warm enough to wear shorts and somehow, at the same time, cool enough to for a sweater or light-jacket. The leaves are jusssst starting to turn too. It’s pretty beautiful. Everywhere you look is alive with color - almost like something that Bob Ross guy who made all those paintings with the “happy little trees” would make. I recommend that everyone takes some time out of their busy lives at school, work, and social activities to check this out while you can. It’s pretty easy to become absorbed by all of these things. Sometimes, just a simple walk outside can help remove you from some of the stress that we take on from day to day.

Just remember those “other” days. As I said – some days it’s nice out…. On other days, however, it’s like my J-term trip in London; damp, chilly, and somewhat drab. Its days like this – when it’s “grey” out… when my hay fever kicks in full force. Yikes. L Does anyone else have this problem up here? If so you should let me know what sort of tricks you use to get rid of it! The school-year is in full swing again. I’d like to be “over this” so it doesn’t interfere with my regular life. Oh, by the way – my thesis is finally underway. This week my advisor and I will talk it over to see if it “works.” Welcome to Fall!

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home