Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Welcome Home

by Daniel


You can call me simple – maybe even old-fashioned, but one of the most
satisfying things that I experience year after year is getting to crack
open my new pens and notebooks and christen them. I’ve been looking
forward to the first day of class ever since I was given the opportunity
to take a summer German class. It was kind of a “teaser” for my final
round of classes as an Old Testament MA here at Luther.

I admit, starting a round of new classes with new professors can be a bit stressful.
Today, however, was full of introductions, firm handshakes, laughs, and friendly
exchanges. Sometimes I forget where I am. Surely, this semester will be a
challenge. There’s a lot on my plate right now with the Master Thesis
lurking around the corner– but I know with the help of faculty,
colleagues, and a little friend I like to call “caffeine” everything will
be just fine.

By the way – if you have a short break from class I highly
approve of the Finnish Bistro right on Como about a block and a half away
from campus. Those banana chocolate chip muffins are absolutely sinful
(AND I LOVE THEM)!

:)

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home