Tuesday, September 09, 2008

...an introduction

by Nina


Hi, my name is Nina. I am a student in the Children, Youth, and Family ministry concentration seeking an MA degree and a candidate for Associate in Ministry (AIM) through the ELCA. I grew up in nearby South Dakota, attended a public unversity (SHOCK! here at a seminary), and have a degree in Zoology and Physiology (which means "science"). It is an unconventional path to this place, so people always wonder just how it happened. I wonder that, too, but trust that God is bigger than my plans or the expectations of the world. I served in youth ministry for a few years before discerning that ministry wasn't just a phase in my life, or a way to stay young and pay some bills, but rather my call. This is my second year at Luther and I love it here. It is a rich and supportive community of faith and a place of academic and leadership challenges. I hope my random thoughts on this place will help you laugh, think, discern, and understand better what God is up to in our life together.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNICORNS in Montana!

9/11/2008 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice unicorn indeed. I miss you like a shorn 'corn misses it's phalis.

9/11/2008 04:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home