Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Things Are Getting Cut in Half

by Scott Dalen

Life continues here on campus. Some things are the same, some are different.

Odd feelings stem from having so many of my classmates not here. I fully expected this, but its still a strange situation. There were a few more of my class here last week, but they have departed. Of the 15 or so people in my cohort, there are only about 7 of us here this week. Much more limited in terms of seeing people. Also, the overall length of time that I'm campus is cut in half. I've only been here a day and a half, and in another 3 days I'm heading home.

It seems as if things have been cut in half this time around.
On the other hand...some things are exactly as I remember them. The past two mornings I have headed to the caf with my friend Rick (aka "Partner," you would think we were cowboys in the old west or something) for our normal breakfast sandwiches. A Philly with cheddar. Essentially its an egg McMuffin with ham...though this morning the ham was absent. More's the pity.

Yesterday, I was able to satisfy a craving that I've had for the last couple months. A Luther Caf "Big Sandwich." Essentially, its a cold meat sandwich, but its awesome. Based on what I call it, you may recall Elaine from Seinfeld always wanting her Big Salad. If you think about it, the name is pretty self explanatory. The big sandwich...its a big sandwich.


Note that there's also a big piece of pie. That was tasty as well.

In other news of things being cut in half. My habitation space (habitation? is that even a word?) has also been cut in half...sort of. For the first time, I've got a roommate. Partner as a matter of fact. Not only do we eat together, but now we're sharing a room as well. As the DL program grows, room availability shrinks. Rick was unable to secure a room. Rather than to see him sleeping on the bench that I currently see outside the window right now, I volunteered to share a room with him. So far so good. For the past couple of days we've been in co-habitation pretty well. You hear horror stories of bad roommate situations, but this is not the case with Rick.

Granted, the week isn't over yet, but I think we're going to be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home