Tuesday, September 22, 2009

anxieTEA anyone?

by Amber

Tonight was the second wave of approval dinners for seniors to attend and get some information about the coming months and what to expect. I've had the joy of studying and growing with my fellow seniors for three years now. How crazy to think we'll be serving in so many different places in less than a year. Krista Lind (from the Contextual Leadership Initiative office) gave us oodles of information. I walked out of the room and said, "was that supposed to help? I think my blood pressure just rose 100 points!" What a crazy thing: this trusting the Spirit. It's easy to say, but when it comes down to it, f-r-e-a-k-y! Perhaps that's why seminarians have to go through this process. Then we can say we know what it feels like to live according to the power of the Spirit. I even took to coffee drinking tonight as a means of stress relief. (I hate coffee). Go away anxiety! I'm praying for all my peers as we begin to discern where God is calling us to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karishma said...

did you drink your coffee with a ton of cream? :)

9/25/2009 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I totally agree. Those few check marks and words that we put into those few boxes on our assignment paperwork can have a big impact on the next several years of our lives. How could that not freak a person out?

9/26/2009 12:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home