Sunday, September 20, 2009

an afternoon of thanks!

by Amber

This afternoon I had the privileged of speaking on behalf of the entire student body of Luther Seminary and offered a word of thanks to over 300 donors who contribute 50% of the operating costs of seminary. I got to bring my surfboard along and show them the impact they've had not only on my life but on the lives of the people who have signed my board. It was a lovely event, filled with meaningful speeches from donors, staff, and myself. Even Jearlyn Steele came and performed for the program. That was a highlight for me! She sang Happy Birthday to Jack Lose (David Lose's 12 year old son)...he was red in the face up until the point when she kissed him on the forehead. Then he ran for the hills! Hilarious! She rocked in so many ways!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home