Monday, August 03, 2009

…on the right side

by Daniel

There’s an old adage about “waking up on the wrong side of the bed”. But there’s something about today that makes me wonder if I woke up on the “right side of the bed”. Today, I have had the feeling that I have been on a mission from the moment I opened my eyes. So, what did this seminarian do today? What kind of “stuff” did he accomplish?

I did some research for Dr. Jacobson this afternoon. I will continue to work on it until I get a new assignment. Truthfully, it’s a bit overdue, but he’s been out of town at a conference so I gave myself a few days off. A couple hours of research a week here and there isn’t bad, but it creeps up on you when you are doing homework for classes. Regardless, it will be done. I also took some time this afternoon to review hundreds and hundreds of so-called “high-frequency” GRE vocabulary words. The question that comes to my mind, however, is how almost one-thousand words can be considered “high frequency”? Regardless, I look forward to destroying my GRE verbal class session tonight. I can’t wait to put some of those smug, “math brained” college punks in their place! The only verbal questions that give me any problems at this point are the analogies. Here’s an example:

ARTERY: TRAFFIC

A. SLUICE: WATER

B. TURBINE: ENERGY

C. VESSEL: BLOOD

D. TREE: SAP

I can do the “fill in the blank” questions with relative easy – but I think that those _______ analogies really ________. The joys of doctoral candidacy! And what else needs to be done? Last weekend I visited my parents. I always leave my parent’s house with a trove of goodies. This time, I brought my college bike back to the Twin Cities. Before my class I plan on taking a ride around Como Lake. I think that the exercise will ameliorate my stress. And remember—we’ve got the Healthy Leader Initiative, right? It’s a perfect day outside. I need the sun anyways.

I pray you have been enjoying this beautiful, summer day. Go forth! Enjoy it! And have a wonderful evening.

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home