Saturday, August 01, 2009

Shark

by Daniel

I touched one. That’s right, I touched a shark (and I still have all of my digits). It was just one of those slimy, bottom-feeder sharks (but it was still very, very cool). Earlier this week, Sonia and I went to the Minnesota Zoo. I love animals, but I was in a poor mood. Regardless, the trip went continued. Creation did not cease because of my mood. Conversely, Creation was everywhere (alive and undisturbed by my attitude). We indeed live in a beautiful, wondrous world. Respectively, I cannot help but consider the book of Job when I recall that day. Through this trip, the “Divine Speeches” of Job came to life for me as a living, breathing word (through the animals around me).

Sadly, I could not help but think of my childhood hero Steve Irwin when we visited a tank which contained domesticated sting rays and sharks. Years back, Irwin was killed by a sting ray, which was enough to keep me from attempting to touch even the smallest of rays. I remember being a college kid when this happened, but still feeling quite crushed. I worked up the courage to stick my hand in the water when one was swimming by me in honor of Steve. The sharks weren’t scary. On the contrary, they looked like big, slimy, pool toys. I’m just happy that I had the opportunity to touch one. How many people can honestly say that? Man, Creation is neat.

I hope the rest of your weekend is great. Be safe. Be productive. Take care.

-Dan

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home