Sunday, August 02, 2009

O’ Brother

by Daniel

I have said it before and I say it again: what a week. I have been bogged down with projects this week. I am quite happy, however, with how the week has panned out. I actually survived. I started my initial week of GRE preparation class and was embarrassingly defeated by 10th grade math. Again, Mr. Dalen, my high-school algebra teacher would be ashamed. My verbal scores are pretty good, but I need to destroy the analogies. What else? I completed my Word and World review on Daniel Berrigan’s new book, The Kings and Their Gods: The Pathology of Power. Tonight Chris, my little brother, was in Saint Paul. Sonia and I had dinner with Chris, his girlfriend, Eva, and a few of their close, college friends. Chris and Eva live in Boston – so we don’t get to see them often. It was both a blessing and a pleasant surprise. It was important that we connected tonight because I might visit them this upcoming fall to check out some of the doctoral programs on the east coast. It was also great to share some memories, conversation, and really good food in fellowship at Buffalo Wild Wings. Awesome.

I wish you a wonderful evening. Be productive. Have a great week.

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home