Sunday, August 02, 2009

Camp or Campus?

by Nina

Do you want to play a little game?

I do.

Over the summer I have taken photos at camps and sites all over the country. I have also taken a few pics around the good ol' campus of Luther Seminary. Surprisingly, we have some gorgeous parts of our small campus too. I realized going through photos that it could be difficult to determine whether some of the photos were from camp or campus. Thus the game: Is this a photo of camp or campus?


The Lutheran Church, I have discovered, holds a deep value for outdoor ministry and the centrality of camping in faith formation - especially for youth. The ELCA has connections with outdoor ministry sites that exemplify the beauty of God's good creation. It is truly a blessing to experience ministry and God's presence in these very places. It is surprising and wonderful to experience this same calming beauty right on campus in the heart of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro.

I invite you to play Camp or Campus by commenting on this post.

2 Comments:

Blogger aase said...

My guess is the wooded photo is on campus - our little bit 'o Narnia. The skyline photo -- maybe a camp in Wisconsin?

8/03/2009 07:46:00 AM  
Anonymous JKH said...

What Aase said.

8/03/2009 07:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home