Thursday, July 09, 2009

coffee.

by Jeni


Like most Lutherans I like, no love, no thrive on coffee. I gave it up for a little while on internship and drank tea (which if you're nervous for preaching or leading is good to do at least on Sunday mornings). I had actually weened myself off and no longer needed coffee, but I wanted coffee. The sound of the grinding beans, the aroma of the oil broken open from the grinding, and, of course, the taste. I like coffee, no love it, no thrive on in.

As previously mentioned I was at a preaching conference this week. What I didn't mention was that it was in Grand Rapids, Michigan, home of Madcap Coffee, the best coffee in the world. Entering the unassuming shop with high ceilings and simple furniture, I saw a long and slow moving line. Unperturbed and curious I remained and finally got to the front of the line. I ordered my coffee and was treated to the most glorious cup o'joe in my life. So smooth, so flavorful, so...perfect. They press every cup. They brew their ice coffee. They use something called a chemex. They roast their own beans. They.rocked.my.world.

So what's a girl to do outside of Grand Rapids. I'm not sure yet. Yesterday in Ft. Wayne Starbucks was brewing my favorite: Cafe Estima.

and.

it.

tasted.

like.

garbage.


I've been ruined.

We're off to campus today to run some errands and meet some people. I think I'll run down to the local Dunn Bros for a chance for some good tasting coffee. They too roast their own. Not a bad option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home