Wednesday, July 01, 2009

July Research

by Daniel

I never thought I would be so ready and willing to work as I am now (what have I become). I start my work with Dr. Jacobson this upcoming July (but as for an actual date I don’t know). Regardless, July can’t come fast enough. Why? I’m excited and I love researching. I also need an actual sense of accomplishment (and some money)! It's also a great opportunity to get to know Dr. Jacobson better. How can things be better than that? It sounds too good to be true to me. :)

So for the past several weeks I’ve been quite the busybody. What do I mean? If you’ve been following my blogging you know what I’m talking about, but here’s something to bring you up to speed if you haven’t (hey I don't blame you I don't use pictures). Immediately following graduation I started writing proposals for fall semester independent studies (because as a MTH student there aren’t really enough MTH level courses). I started studying for the GRE and enrolled in a KAPLAN class. I bought an elementary French book and started teaching myself French. I also have been reviewing my Akkadian, German, Greek, and Hebrew (at least the vocabulary). I also started reading a bunch of material (introductory level material) in order to help me design classes. I have also been TAing for a beloved professor of mine. Good stuff!

Why? All of this “stuff” will help me prepare to become the best graduate school candidate that I can become for doctoral programs. And all of this “stuff” has been a part of my daily routine for the past several weeks, but still doesn’t change the fact that I’m broke! I need to make the “big bucks” as a Luther Seminary student researcher, right? /sarcasm off


I hope you’re having a wonderful evening—and I wish you an even better night. /blogging off

-Dan



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home