Thursday, March 05, 2009

Shoter days these days

by Margaret Obaga

Like Jeni, I haven't given up blogging for Lent. I am still here trying to formulate my dissertation question.I thought I knew it but the more I write it the more it looks new and interesting. Then I realize that time is not on my side and so I turn my face and mind on other matters that demand my time and energy as well. Then I realize how faulty I am and beat my chest, "have mercy, on me."I do it in two other languages, "Nihurumie" Ndorere amabera." At this, I realize how much I miss home in Africa and wonder how the rest of my family are experiencing Lent. I remember how, at one Lenten season my colleagues and I planned to observe Lent together by giving up certain habits and practices, I say, we had communal Lent!
Back to my shorter days these days, I guess even if a day had 48 hours, I might still need more hours in one day. At this I can only beat my chest and say, "Nihurumie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home