Sunday, March 01, 2009

the authority of humor and honesty

by Tim K. Snyder

What I love about this clip is how honest it is about our cultural situation. I had a beautiful conversation with my friend, Nadia Bolz-Weber, the other day. What struck me about our conversation was this...

We were talking about her recent book tour and about the comments she gets. Namely: (1) thank you for your honesty AND (2) Your authenticity is refreshing. Conclusion: You are a compelling leader in this church when you don't lie to people and when you don't act like something you aren't. Wow. We've set the bar so high...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

So funny! Thanks for sharing Tim. I totally cracked up because it is SO true!

3/01/2009 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Cool clip. That guy is right on. I also agree that good leaders are honest about who they are and they are honest about who Jesus Christ is. Honestly, I think sometimes we lie about him.

ytterond

3/03/2009 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home