Friday, February 27, 2009

Sometimes...I get overwhelmed

by Tim K. Snyder

Sometimes life as a DL Student is crazy and I get overwhelmed.

Last week: Sunday through Thursday in Chicago for Mission Developer Training. Thurs-Fri coursework and a week's worth of work at The Netzer Co-Op.

Last week I was a group facilitator in our Systematic Theology course which means the rest of the group was waiting for me to post. After reading a hundred pages about the Atonement, I looked at the framing question: what is theology (good) for? Now, I have an undergraduate degree in theology and I consider myself a pretty smarty guy - so until I realized I had volume two of Christian Dogmatics and not volume one, I had no idea what was going on.

It was a long week.

I'm back though now and refreshed by the whimsical creativity of my community:
RE:Post from netzerco-op.org

Macgyver_worship So, what is it about the new worship gig in Austin. Liturgy | ATX is a bold combination of whimsical theodrama and alt. worship lite (until we can get those pews out of there anyways). This past Sunday's disaster turned creative absurdity has raised some laughter and buzz around the blogosphere -

Paul Soupiset in San Antonio had a fun re-working of my email to him and Jonny Baker of Grace-London added us to his running list of Worship Tricks.

It is a strange thing to get acknowledged for our well...yeah.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a HUGE MacGyver fan, I am intrigued by the idea of "Worship by MacGyver." Innovative, creative, spontaneous, and thrifty--a great recipe for worship (as long as you don't blow anything up)!

But Tim--are you even old enough to remember MacGyver???

Susan

2/28/2009 08:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home