Wednesday, March 04, 2009

What a bust

by Daniel

The machine won. This afternoon (and evening) I wrestled with my computer and lost. Two years ago I was forced to replace her motherboard. It looks like I’ll have to do it again. Earlier today I was hoping to replace the case on my desktop (it was beige and dated). I bought a slick, black case and replaced the old one. It looks sharp! Well, sharpness aside – something went seriously awry. When I turned on my computer – well, it didn’t turn on! It seems that I have once again destroyed her heart; the motherboard. I believe I shorted it out. There’s nothing quite like meticulously piecing together a project – only to find that everything you’ve done was a waste of time! I’m sure we all will (or have) experience this at some point in our lives. Sometimes we have to be brought low – so that we can learn to pick ourselves up. It is unfortunate that I will have to make some new investments in order to get my machine up and running, but at least I will have a quality computer for Bibleworks! I’m sure it will be powerful enough for me to open (gasp) multiple clients at once!

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home