Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Judge

by Chase

God Pause looks at Psalm 50 today. While reading Pastor Olin Sletto's comments you cannot help but be reminded of the covenant people, their covenant, and the new covenant we have through Christ. Most of the time I find it uncomfortable to think of faith and life in terms of a trial, a test, or a prosecution against me. After all, I was baptized into the covenant, I didn't choose to be the way I am, I'm stuck with it. How can you blame me for something I was forced into? Underlying this sense is the knowledge that much like the people of Israel and the disciples of Christ I frequently fail to live up to the standards of the covenant and the expectations of my God.

But, it is a good thing to consider judgment from time to time. And, when I do I am comforted that the one who is my judge has entered into this life, become my peer, struggled with sin, and done so not to find better evidence against me and my brothers and sisters, but to save us. Our judge knows where we have been and who we are. We cannot lie to him or ourselves. Our judge knows the pain, fear, apathy, and all the other aspects of our lives. We don't have to lie to him or ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home