Thursday, February 12, 2009

Begining of the Ending

by Margaret Obaga

A few hours ago I found my self involved in two events, the beginning of the ending of my coursework and the memorial service of a friend. I walked from my first class of dissertation writing, and walked into the Chapel of the cross to participate in the memorial service of our dear one. Together with community members gathered and sang special songs, chanted unique Psalms, heard scripture texts afresh. In between these holy moments were tremors of tears engulfing me, scaring me at the same time. I did not want to disturb everyone else. I heaved deep sighs of tears with my jacket serving as safety net. My heart was sorrowful. This death was too unbearable. I recalled the times we shared and wondered to myself, " you should be here now, and see how we miss you." I know that by thinking this, I was grieving and this maybe understandable. But you know what, Luther community support at such times is great. In working our grief together, our strength, our courage our hope become revitalized, and together we can say, Ebenezer! thus far the lord has helped us!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home