Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Night Chiasms

by Daniel

It’s Friday night. I can still remember back in the days of my college youth (all of almost three years ago, hah). Things were simple back in the day. The typical weekend at Luther College marshaled a veritable smorgasbord of good time activities. As a seminary student one has to make proper use of one’s weekends. There’s a lot less late night forays (especially on Saturdays because of church)! This isn’t a bad thing; however, because you tend to (surprise, surprise!) accomplish a whole lot more if you “stay in” from time to time. Besides, as a graduate student one is entitled to their own special good times! Seminary is a blast! Tonight I am exploring chiastic structures in the psalms. It isn’t every evening that you have the opportunity to map out parallelism in Hebrew poetry. Professor Throntveit would be proud! I’m pretty sure that if someone would have mentioned the word “chiasm” back when I was in college I would have thought it was a gross, dirty word. I guess it goes to show how much we change. With that being said--in what sort of late night seminarian escapades will you find yourself this weekend? No matter what you do this evening--I wish you a safe, blessed, and wonderful time. =]

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home