Thursday, February 12, 2009

The dreaded G R E

by Daniel

There comes a time in the life of every aspiring biblical scholar when he or she must complete the “morsel of goodness” known as the Graduate Record Exam (GRE for short). It seems like a lifetime ago that I took the ACT to get into Luther College. There are some skills that I have avoided using since I was in 9th grade (namely math as a whole). I rely on calculators for everything! Needless to say, I’ll need to brush up on some of these in order to perform admirably on the test. I actually enjoy studying for standardized tests. Half of the battle is learning how to take the test. My favorite part about preparing for the GRE has been learning new vocabulary. I’ve got to admit, however, that my fiancé is getting a bit annoyed at my continual, “Do you know what this word means?” questions. I probably would be too. If anyone has any constructive tips for the studying for the GRE I will gladly and receptively listen. I hope everyone has a wonderful night. Happy Thursday!

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home