Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Got Laid Out.

by Nina

It is with deep regret, a fat lip, and a headache that I report the Heretics soccer game.

The heretics had enough players to field 2 pretty decent 7-person teams. Instead, a few of us helped another team who didn't have enough players, though most of us played the dreaded purple team (ahhhhh). The team has long-legged fast mid-fielders who ran a give-and-go on us all night and we just couldn't seem to stop them. They moved the ball around really well - we substituted players really well. Neither of our teams was able to pull together a win.

It was a rough go -- Robert hurt his knee and Jeni almost got kicked in the face (several times). About midway through the first half, I took a ball to the face. This wasn't a shot that just stings, or makes you stagger for a moment before gathering yourself. I got laid out. (luckily no blood). I had pain in my neck and the next thing I knew blurry heads were gathered around looking down at me. Our cannon-legged Kat was immediately coaching me out of hyper-ventilating and pushing on my diaphragm. It was pretty crazy and left me feeling a bit off for several hours.

I honestly don't know what the final score of the game was (it's okay, I have an excuse), but it wasn't pretty. Dennis did get a goal in during the second half, though. Fliegen der Deutscher!

Most missed player: David Lose
Game MVP: Jonathan Davis (who worked his butt off as keeper first half)

2 Comments:

Blogger aase said...

Literally, taking one for the team, Joy. Way to go.

2/17/2009 02:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much like Michael Jackson, who left "blood on the dance floor," you left "blood on the soccer pitch." Why don't you have your own childlike playground with giraffes and monkeys? Ah, theodicy. Way to go you Heretic!

2/18/2009 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home