Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Don't Want to Stop....

by Nina

I'm not sure if this has ever happened to me before...at least not anytime in the recent past. I got to the end of my assigned reading for my Children, Youth, and Family class and I don't want to stop. I am simultaneously getting fired up and breathing easier because of the beautiful words and deep thoughts of Jürgen Moltmann.



He says,
If when we pray we seek the reality of God's world (as with the first petition of the Lord's Prayer), than prayer is the exact opposite of 'the opium of the people'. On the contrary, prayer is more like the beginning of a cure for the numbing addictions of the secular world.


Wow! I am reminded just how HUGE this Christian faith thing is. It's strange that one can forget it while working in the church and studying at a seminary. Yay! for my favorite Jürgen, (I just decided that right now) reminding me of the depth and power of the Gospel message. If you are bored and don't have thousands of pages of reading before you, I wholeheartedly recommend this book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I'll put it on my list

2/15/2009 11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home