Wednesday, August 04, 2010

A Surprise in the Mail

by Scott Dalen

They arrived today. My books for fall. It's quite the stack for two classes.


That is a lot of books for two classes. Something tells me I'm going to spend a lot of time with my nose buried in them through the semester.

I guess I'm ready for the fall. Sort of anyway. First I need to get through this month, not to mention my family vacation...then I'll be ready for classes to start.
I appriciate the Luther Bookstore for several reasons. First, they put together my books and ship them to me...obviously considering the picture of them sitting on my desk. Second, they will either invoice for the books, or charge them to your student account (they did the latter for me this time around). Third, and perhaps this is the most important one, being the bookstore, they get discounts.
My books for the semester (plus shipping) are costing me $184.94. However, without the bookstore discount, it would have been $234.94. Every penny counts these days, and that's 5,000 pennies.
Now all I need is to receive the syllbus from my professors for the two classes. Then I can compare the books I got to the lists in those forms and know that I'm good to go. I ordered off of the bookstores lists, which supposively are provided by the professors, so hopefully everything matches up and I don't have to return/redorder anything.
Hopefully.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious? Four books for each class and that's "quite the stack?" Wow... Grad school anyone?

8/05/2010 05:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home