Tuesday, September 08, 2009

last first day

by Amber

A few things about today:
#1: Today is my LAST first day of school. Ever. Hopefully.
#2: How awesome to worship this morning with everyone! Thanks for being there to praise God for this new school year!
#3: I saw a deer twice today. Two hours apart. Same deer.
#4: Be sure to cup your lemon wedge when you squeeze it into water, so you don't squirt your friend in the face over supper. (Sorry, Mollie!)

A few other things:
My name is Amber. I am an Master of Chipotle senior with an emphasis in bungee jumping and slack-lining. Oh, and I am addicted to blogging. I spent my entire internship blogging for the sake of keeping all my MN family and friends up to date on what was happening in CA. I figured once I got back, I'd stop, but I can't. I'm addicted. So you can imagine how completely thrilled I was to find out I get to blog for Life at Luther. Seminary is feeding my addiction.

To be honest, I have no idea who actually reads these blog posts anyway, so for the sake of my writing and time, would you mind posting a comment to this blog post and saying hey. (Click on comments below and write your own). Don't include your name if you don't want to, but tell me something about yourself so I can know who I am writing for.

Oh, and one last thing. I am a photographer and visual learner. So, I promise every one of my posts will include a photo I took. And I'm not the kind of photographer who carries around a disposable camera in my purse, but rather one who lugs around a ridiculous amount of gear-all the time-just incase. Today it proved to be worth it. Here's our friend Bambi to show my labor is not in vain! So glad to be on the blogging team, and I look forward to hearing your feedback and learning who you are!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Judy Hedman said...

Three things:
1. I read the blogs at least once per week.

2. Don't assume that this is your "last day of school ever." When we stop "going to school", we stop growing. You'll just be paying a different kind of tuition for the next schools in your life.

3. No one should have fruit in their ice water. It's a waste of fruit and adds pulp to your otherwise perfectly clear, smooth beverage.

(OK, a fourth thing): I have a cute digital camera with me at all times. My usual photo is of my great-nephew or my sisters Newfoundland dogs.

9/09/2009 02:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Linda said...

My name is Linda and I live in Torrance, California! I had the privilege of knowing YOU first hand, face to face, for 10 months! I became addicted to reading your blogs while you were here and continue to enjoy them now that you are back in MN. (Please don't stop!)
I love you like a daughter.
Your laugh is contageous.
You'll try anything once.
I MISS YOU!!!!

9/15/2009 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Hess said...

It may take me a while, but I LOVE reading the Luther life blogs! So don't think you're writing to a blank ethersphere...

9/25/2009 10:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home