Thursday, September 10, 2009

work-a-holic!

by Amber

It it just me or is seminary and pastorness/ship the two places where workaholism is a serious problem? I tend to work myself to death. It hit me today when I realized I had agreed to take 5 credits, work in Seminary Relations, shoot photos for the Concord, be a blogger, shoot photos for the Communication Office, be the assistant HR of Stub Hall, not to mention side photography. Holy cow. Why do I do this to myself?

Anyone else out there with the same problem? It's like some kind of sick addiction. Busyness. Heaven forbid I actually abide a little. So here's my plan for the night. Stop working. As Barbara Brown Taylor would say, "I need to step out of the rushing stream of life and sit along side it a while." It's only going to get worse. I have plenty to read and do right now, but I'm going to resist. I think I might go for a walk. Maybe even put in "The Wedding Planner" and get inspired to plan. Maybe I'll just go to bed at 5:39 p.m. What the heck! Whatever it takes to abide a little.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I am trying as hard as I can to not over-commit myself this year but there just seems to be some force that pulls me in. I think it is almost unavoidable. Ahhhhhh.

9/12/2009 01:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home